August 29: Please Join ASCD and its Title II coalition partners for a National Day of Action in Support of Title II Funding!
We need every voice!
Join us on August 29 for a National Day of Action to advocate for full funding for Title II in the Every Student Succeeds Act. Nearly every district receives Title II funding to support the recruitment, preparation, development and retention of excellent teachers and leaders, but the funding for Title II is in danger of being eliminated. The elimination-or significant reduction- of Title II funding would have significant and negative impacts on teachers, school leaders, principals, and the students they serve.
Three Simple Ways to Advocate for Title II Funding on August 29
1. Sign up for our Thunderclap
A Thunderclap is a social media tool to amplify a message. To participate in our Thunderclap, go to http://thndr.me/lMppSy<http://sendgrid.thunderclap.it/wf/click?upn=YDBP6RK3mvJEJxxpkIniqIgXJdiItQ-2BXuua7nscy87k-3D_cNCEmz06J3tf6xqEweWdaqKN3Qw0LSp7EbcWjfHo4NX1MvjwUknqcg1QWN62-2B7AmNwTwZMnZIwXuUBARCJokZTzqRG9-2Fz5LjXahjVuJrC74Ov8rbvgIlluOD0wVEVNqb0Pl2tJsGmbTXzHYRaRTHtzeYyC4NvKOE8UYhY3xtKkuiPUjfWKwq87rSWaj5j1tAp1Xg36sP1ntMcfiYeiY-2BN7uxuUzILk1WZhA60cBein4-3D> and use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up. On August 29th at exactly 10am ET, the tool will post an identical message in support of Title II funding to all of the supporters' accounts, amplifying our message to all of their followers and friends.
2. Send a prewritten letter to Congress
Use our easy advocacy tool to send this pre-written letter<http://p2a.co/AJXrvB3> to Congress about the importance of Title II, Part A of ESSA, which is critical to providing professional development for school leaders.
3. Tweet using #TitleIIA @[Senators and Reps]
Here are some sample tweets you can use:
* #TitleIIA is critical for school leaders and principals to do their jobs effectively, cuts threaten this ability
* Millions of school leaders depend on #TitleIIA to improve schools and instruction in the classroom
* #ESSA allows states to use 3% of #TitleIIA funds for PD for principals, cutting decreases the chances to seize this opportunity
* The quality of teaching and leadership in schools are the two most significant in-school factors tied to student achievement. #TitleIIA
* #TitleIIA supports increased student academic achievement by promoting strategies that will positively affect educator effectiveness.
* Educators and students deserve schools led by great principals. Tell Congress to maintain school leadership funding through #TitleIIA
* Students and teachers need great principals to thrive-Tell Congress: Don't cut school leadership funding! #TitleIIA
* Without great principals, we won't have great schools. Tell Congress to maintain school leadership funding! #TitleIIA
* Educators: Join us in telling Congress not to cut school leadership funding! #TitleIIA
We hope you can join us and educators from around the country on August 29th to support professional development and Title II funding. Check out all of the Title II information and resources at www.ascd.org/TitleII<http://www.ascd.org/TitleII> to get involved in the National Day of Action and to support PD.
David Griffith * Senior Director of Government Relations
1703 N. Beauregard Street * Alexandria, VA 22311-1714
P (703) 575-5621 * M (571) 245-9677 * F (703) 575-5486 * www.ascd.org<http://www.ascd.org/>